I was graciously nominated for a Liebster Award by fellow bloggers at thyme for tofu (I have to try their recipes, notably the vegan baked ziti). Thanks! It was great feedback to keep me blogging, even when I can’t eat or bake another cookie.
At Wording Well, I discovered this about the award: It is awarded to bloggers by other bloggers, and it is similar to a chain letter. “The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain.”
Upon deciding to accept, I opted to answer the probing questions asked me by Thyme for Tofu. Here we go:
- What is your favorite kitchen tool? My stand mixer. C’mon, I’m a baker.
- What is your number one tip for blog photography? I’ll pass on a tip I read somewhere – Don’t take a bite out of the food. No one wants to think about digging into already eaten food.
- What is your guilty pleasure food? So Delicious’ new Salted Caramel Cluster Cashew Milk Ice Cream. Oh, yeah.
- Do you have a go to spice? Cinnamon. It’s great in drinks, savory dishes, dessert. And, it reminds me of the holidays.
- Why did you start blogging? When I moved to high altitude, vegan baking took on a whole new and difficult side. I had to bake each recipe MANY times to get it right. I decided that my efforts needed to be shared to save others the time.
- Have you always eaten the type of food your recipes show or was there a change in your diet to get there? I have baked since I was a kid, but I didn’t change my baking until I found out I was allergic to dairy. At that time baking vegan just made sense. Now I eat vegan regularly and it makes more sense.
- Do you repeat meals frequently? I have a few go-to meals when I am pressed for time. But, generally, no. I crave variety.
- What are your top 3 meals? Breakfast, lunch, and dinner 😉
- Who do you cook for? Me. My husband. Anyone who is hungry that is near me.
- What is the most important meal of the day? My breakfast oatmeal. The brain needs fuel in the morning.
Now, per the award rules, here are the blogs I nominate:
All She Does Is Eat
Colorado School of Clinical Herbalism
The Vegan Fold
Lastly, here are the questions for my nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- How much time do you spend each week on your blog?
- What do you do when you’re not working or blogging?
- You’re stranded on an island – what drink do you have (besides water)?
- If you were limited to eating 4 foods for the rest of your life, what would they be?
- What is your least favorite food?
- What food have you never used that you’d like to learn more about?
- What is your favorite kitchen tool?
- If you could compete on a food tv show, which would it be?
- If you have had “the perfect bite of food,” what was it?